Monday, November 24, 2008

My 6-Session Rollercoaster

Weeeeeeeeee...-$14.88
+$8.38
-$6.44
+$10.98
$-2.84
+$10.42

So believe it or not I actually learned something from this. Play less tables. While moving up to these stakes does not seem like a big jump, there is definitely some better players as well. I found that my losing sessions were 10+ table sessions whereas my winning sessions were all less than 8 tables at a time. I'm going to try to stick with this, as well as add in some table selection (nothing more than looking for high % of players / flop) when I choose what tables to play. Hopefully this helps my swingy streak.

You can actually see (if you assume that my session are all relatively the same # of hands) that the losing sessions are more smooth (finer jumps on the graph) and my winning sessions are jagged (larger jumps). This is because there are less tables being played on the winning sessions, and thus less hands (resulting is fewer data points on the graph). This is actually what clued me in to perhaps why I am having those losing sessions.

No comments: